Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Full-Figured Fashion Week!

"Manolo for the Big Girl blogger Rhiannon Gammill and other "curvy" bloggers recently expressed their happiness at being included at New York's Fashion Week at the Full- Figured Fashion event that took place June 25-27. “I want the woman who can say, ‘This is who I am, you don't have to like me and you don't have to approve of me, but I've been to this pony show before and this time I'm getting what I want. I've got one voice, two chins, and more style than should be allowed by law and I'm not apologizing for any of it’, says Gammill.

Many see this and other inclusions of full-figured women in fashion (such as the new plus-size garments available at stores like Forever 21 and rocker Beth Ditto's upcoming fashion line at Topshop's plus-size division, Evan) as a step in the right direction for helping to create and stimulate a better self-image of the curvier woman. "We all know, whether you like it or not, there are tons of fat women in America, and guess what? We need to get dressed too,” says Gabi Gregg, creator of the blog Young, Fat, and Fabulous. “We have buying power, we want to be able to shop with friends, try things on, and experience clothing the same way as everyone else. I hope that the new plus-size lines at places like Forever 21 and Topshop will do well enough to show other retailers that fat girls like fashion, too." (Source: The Daily Beast)

1 comment:

Allis said...

Plus Size Women are now into the ramp for sometime now. Hope they would be able to keep up this.
Plus Size Bras